Saturday, February 11, 2012

Quiet Book pages preview

I've been working on a quiet book since January and it's coming along great! It's a lot more work and money than I had thought, but it should last through 2 generations because it's made of the finest materials. I used the extra firm Pellon for the pages because it is so versatile and drawing on it works great! Elizabeth loves it and I have to keep the pages hidden until I'm done or the pieces will all get lost.

I still need to serge the edges together, add eyelets to put in a binder, and make the cover, but here's what I have so far:


Shape matching
Zipper ladybug (smaller ladybugs have counting spots)
Try on the ring
Try on mittens (with plush inside)
Snap on balloons
Stoplight (Lights attach with velcro)
Button the flowers 
Buckle the collars
Help the chef eat his spaghetti (pulls through hat)
Barn with animal finger puppets
Season tree (grass is pocket)
Weaving
Braiding
Tell the time

Soon to come are a shoelace page, finger animals, and a dress up page.

1 comment: